2014 - 2017
As the first designer, I led all aspects of Ejenta's service design including requirements gathering, user research, concept development, interaction design, visual design, and messaging. Key accomplishments:
- Launched two remote health monitoring pilots with Kaiser-Permanente clinicians & patients.
- Created multi-platform design with full support on mobile, tablets, and desktops.
- Led the data analytics strategy including population, individual, & predictive analytics.
- Designed blue sky product integration concepts to attract & excite potential partners.
- Developed Alexa prototypes in collaboration with engineering team.
- Mentored summer intern.
2006 - 2014
Designed creative solutions to help clients achieve their business goals. My approach often included ethnographic research, competitive research, group brainstorms, & prototyping. Sample projects:
- Disney Storytelling Application
- Intuit Mobile Wallet Concepts
- Intuit Android Tablet Application
- Walmart Mobile Shopping Application
- Autodesk Website Redesign
- Pie Home Networking Ethnographic Research
- Proteus UX Competitive Analysis & Design Principles
- Hotwire Hotel Search Redesign
- Usable Security User Research & Concept Design
Mobile Design Lecturer
Lectured the highly rated graduate level course "Designing Mobile Experiences." Classes included design lectures, design critiques, as well as industry guest speakers.
Senior Design Manager
Led redesign of Yahoo! Photos which featured improved search, image editing, and many other enhancements. Developed lean UX best practices and shared these practices company-wide. Grew cross-functional design team and managed budget and relationships with outside design agencies.
Senior Interaction Designer
1999 - 2003
Led the interaction design for a wide range of Yahoo!'s products such as Photos, Groups, and Profiles. Worked closely with user researchers on ethnographic studies and usability tests. Organized the Yahoo! interaction design lecture series and helped develop training materials for new designers.
Interaction Design Intern
Designed service to trace the journey and fate of Holocaust victims. Responsibilities included needs assessment, data model development to accommodate content in different languages and formats, interaction design, and prototype development.
Authored "Designing the iPhone User Experience" which was published by Addison-Wesley in August 2010. Available in English, Chinese, and Korean.
- Adaptive Path's UX Week
- How Design Interactive
- Google Tech Talks
- Yahoo! Design Lecture Series
- UC Berkeley iSchool
- The Silicon Valley iOS Developers' Meetup
Proficient in Japanese.